Kahler Family Home

January 5, 2016

The northeast corner of 6th and D in Jacksonville is the site of the Kahler Family Home. Robert Kahler acquired the entire block in 1879 then sold this portion to his father 2 years later. His parents were one of the first pioneering families to settle in the Rogue River Valley. Three of the Kahler boys did quite well. Robert, a druggist, dispensed drugs, books and stationery from his building on California Street. George was a practicing surgeon and physician. Charles Wesley Kahler was a prominent Jacksonville attorney. “C.W.” owned the property by the late 1890s. This house was either constructed by another family member after C.W.’s death in 1904, or the original house on this lot was redesigned from its original Classical Revival style to incorporate its current Queen Anne influences.


Kahler Family Home